Wednesday 24 December 2014

Xmas Boot




I wanted to make a small Xmas boot, smth like this Xmas stocking. Here is a template/resist:
 To make a decor I found this silk scarf with very appropriate design - baubles and ribbons. No idea where I've got it from!
 I wanted to decorate the cuff only:
 I cut out the design to make a border and used a rather coarse carded wool as the top layer because the silk was quite densely weaved, it's not a fine chiffon or ponge silk:
 The final size:
Oops!..Could you see any bauble here? Neither could I...
 Never mind, it'll serve its purpose! Next time (if!) I will do it differently.

                            Merry Christmas everyone!

4 comments:

  1. It's lovely Galina, will it be a gift for someone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teri! It serves as a stocking for one of my granddaughters. Both of them get a sweet or a small toy in these boots every night until New Year Eve.

      Delete
  2. It's fab and yes I can see baubles around the stocking top in the last photo. It's a lovely change from the trad design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lyn! I need to felt it more delicate way to keep baubles visible.

      Delete